EVERYBODY MAKES NEW Year's resolutions. How many of them actually get fulfilled is another story.
This year, I vow to ...
- Drink less coffee. I'm off to a roaring start with only my third cup this morning.
- Read more, rot brain less. It's tempting to collapse on the couch after a long day of guitar lessons. This year I vow to bury my nose in books. Sheryl got me the excellent Master and Commander series and I'm finishing another book about guitars. Reading stimulates your brain and forces you to concentrate without concentrating if that makes sense.
- Learn more about guitar theory. I understand the basic ideas. I need to be a better teacher about stuff like Circle of Fifths and how to navigate.
- Just play. I rarely sit down and just goof around on the guitar anymore. Even if it's just for a few minutes, a little strumming and humming is good for the soul!
- Sing with the dogs and bay at the moon and actually enjoy it, deep down.
- Judge less. Smile more. Sleep better.
- Travel. Sheryl and I are already addressing this!
- Not worry so much. Things happen, and that's all they ever do.
- See more of you at Fifth and Maine! We are off and running in 2020, so let's make it a good one.