THE DAY BEFORE Thanksgiving, and I'm wondering about a couple of things.
1. Apparently Rock N Roll Shorts is No. 5 on the Best Sellers in Free Music Category Books on Amazon. It's free through today if you want to download it to your Kindle or any device that has the Kindle reading app. I'm not quite sure what this means, but it is cool to see the book next to a different list with John Lennon and Rod Stewart titles.
2. Much fun with my awesome daughter, Emily, decorating Second String Music yesterday. We gave her the store credit card and she went a bit nuts buying Christmas lights and decorations. If she's not too tired from putting everything up today, maybe she will help me make cookies tonight for the big Mays family Thanksgiving. BTW, we have new store hours for Christmas and they are up on the website.
3. Lots of stuff going on in the Q-Town tonight - thinking about going to see our friend Kevin Nobis and his band Seven Days Fuller at Turner Hall. Cheeks McGee is at Martini's, the awesome band 11 is at One, etc. Part of me wants to go out and about, but the other part of me thinks that with Christmas coming and old age descending, it might be better to stay home and rest up.
4. One thing I gotta figure out is how to watch the Michigan-Ohio State game Saturday. But I ain't venturing out on Black Friday to buy a cheap TV.
5. After a much-appreciated week off, The Cheeseburger are back in action Saturday night at the South Side Boat Club in Keokuk, Iowa. Hope you are making plans for the huge New Year's Eve bash at One.
6. And finally, I will take time tomorrow between naps, football and turkey to count our many blessings. Hope you will too!