A DAY AFTER the temps plunged 50 degrees, we are ready for another work week at Second String Music, and we we have some stuff on our minds ...
- The Cheeseburgers played at Adams Trading Post Saturday night, and after we got done, a guy told us "you done better than gooder." High praise indeed from a crowd that appreciates a live band, thanks!
- Thank you, veterans.
- Eric Clapton's Blues CD is playing in the store this morning, perfect way to get 'er going.
- Our annual salute to good friend Pat Cornwell is Saturday in the store from noon until forever. We will toast Pat and LuckyCat Vegas about 3:30 pm. Just bring yourself and hang out with us, we'll have live music and general mayhem everywhere.
- I know there is a method to the madness of being addicted to the guitar, but I am learning so much more with our teacher, Jim Bier. And it all makes sense. Imagine that.
- Happiness is finding three different packages of strings in your gig bag after cleaning it out for the first time in months. Of course now I have to figure out which ones are missing.
- Note to self: If I ever buy a guitar online, brag about it in a music store, then bring it in a few days later asking if the store will buy or consign it, shoot me. Now.
- Had much fun walking through a filthy rain with some friends at Woodland Cemetery yesterday. I appreciate people who appreciate our history and discover Quincy's best-kept secret. Shhhhh.
- I am on the Mary Griffith show Tuesday morning at 9:15 to plug Rock N Roll Shorts and the store. WTAD is 930 on the AM dial and you can listen online here.