IT'S JANUARY, DEEP and dark.
- My brother called from Phoenix yesterday. It was 78 degrees. I hate my brother.
- Not really. I love him. But I hate it when the temperate is 68 degrees different.
- His daughter, Natalie, told her father she played floor hockey at school PE. "I was pretty good, dad," she said. "I scored a lot of goals and knocked people over. My teacher calls me the 'Secret Weapon.'" Well. She is a Hart, after all.
- Snow is better than rain.
- I am really going to miss John Hodge.
- It's how you deal with bad news. Not the bad news.
- My sister lives in Denver, and they have Bronco fever. She would vote for Peyton Manning to be president if she could.
- Sheryl just looked at me and said, "You want to do the spread sheets for this?" I don't even know what "this" is. But I don't.
- Jim Bier was in the store yesterday and started playing with the new Roland AC-33 amp. It has a looper on it, and listening to Jim I was again reminded why there are mere mortals on this earth, and then there are great players like Jim.
- Plans are proceeding nicely for our Third Anniversary Party at Second String Music. Yes, guitars are being dropped from roofs. Greg Ellery is also involved. You have all been warned.
- Have a great rest of your hump day!