HOLY CRAP. IT'S Friday already ...
- Double dip time for The Cheeseburgers this weekend. Tonight we are Down On The River in Hannibal at the Y Men's Pavilion. This is always a blast and sadly, we will miss all the muddy volleyballs flying on the stage, but I'm sure we'll make up for it. It's an earlier gig, 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday we play at 5 p.m. for our good friend Julie Buschling's benefit at the Labor Temple in Keokuk.
- Tonight is also Blues In The District with Little Ed & The Imperials. The weather is beautiful so expect the hordes to descend on Washington Park again.
- Had a blast once again Thursday at One Restaurant's Open Mic Night. One young man performed and then talked to me after about how hard it is to get gigs in Quincy. It's not hard if you play in a classic rock cover band, but it is tough if you do your own thing and are into the more alternative style of music. My only advice for the young man is to keep playing and keep believing in yourself and your abilities.
- If you are a young player and want inspiration, check out Logan Kammerer of the awesome Quincy band Fielder. Logan has a solo CD coming out next week and we can't wait to hear it in the store. Logan writes his own songs, sings them in his own distinctive voice and generally plays the music he wants to play. I'd say it's working out pretty well for him!
- Have yourself a safe and wild rock and roll weekend!