MONDAY MORNING MUSINGS, though it's actually almost noon, but being up since 4 a.m. makes it feel like it's .... Thursday?
- I was up early because the alarm went off at Second String Music. We spent a pretty penny hooking it up, and it's a very good system. Somebody shook the door at 4 a.m. and got the surprise of their life when this thing went off, because it's freaking LOUD. No more all caps, promise. Anyway, QPD was right there to make sure nobody was in the building, and we checked it out inside as well. It's no fun getting that phone call that early, but at least we know this thing works.
- We had one of our biggest weekends ever in the store and are now getting ready for the final push to Christmas, with a new line of acoustic guitars and more stock. We had our last Friday night jam session of 2012 and it was one to remember. I think. Just kidding, but boy did we have fun.
- Found a bunch of CDs in the closet last night, and we'll be swaying in the store to early U2, Dire Straits, Lyle Lovett and Alison Krauss.
- If there is a prettier song than Dire Strait's "Romeo and Juliet," let me know. I won't believe you.
- Also creeping closer to the huge New Year's Eve show with The Hipnecks at One Restaurant in Quincy. The Cheeseburgers are coming off an amazing run, and I think we've had one or two weekends off since September with some really fun shows.
- I might call Frank Haxel tonight and see if he'll set up my Christmas tree. Maybe not.