IT'S THE ELEVENTH hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. We salute our veterans today, thank you for your service.
- The Veterans' Parade Saturday in Quincy was fantastic. Thank you, Dick McKinney and Jim Ponsot, for all your hard work. It was great to see the tons of people downtown, and our veterans getting the respect they deserve. Legendary Roadie of Doom Frank Haxel got some great photos, click our Facebook album here to take a look.
- The marching bands from Quincy High School, Quincy Notre Dame, Quincy University and Liberty High School were awesome. When the parade was revived in 2007, QHS didn't march because the season was over and most of the kids moved on to other things. I'm glad they got it worked out and represented the school well Saturday.
- Speaking of Frank, he had too much fun destroying stuff and spraying water all over the second floor bathroom of our historic Fifth and Maine building. Renovations continue and all is well. Move along, nothing to see here, move along ....
- The Cheeseburgers have landed a New Year's Eve gig at The Elks Club in Quincy. More details to come.
- Brad DeRoche was incredible Saturday night during a performance at Quincy University. Many thanks to Jesse Mazzoccoli for arranging the event and performing. Seeing those guys playing classical guitar makes me want to leave my guitar in the corner and never touch it again.
- But ... I have a Christmas party, Pepper Spray and lots of Cheeseburger gigs coming up within the month. Better start practicing!
- Wait a second. You mean the Bears lost to the Lions again? For the second time this season? Oops. Sorry about that.
- However, and far more importantly, congrats to the QND and Central football teams for moving on in the state football playoffs, and to Quincy High School for a great run.